Lake District Hospital ReportLake District Hospital had 10 admissions and 41 total E.R./prescriptive services for the week of Tuesday, March 7 — Monday, March 13. There were five outpatients in OB and surgery, and no births. Not all names of the patients admitted are released for publication.
Lake County Sheriff’s Report• Tuesday, February 28 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a trespass. The investigation revealed an apparent parole violation. The investigation will be referred to Parole and Probation Department.
• Wednesday, March 1 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of an adult female passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle in the 300 block of South H Street in Lakeview. Responding Deputies located an adult female passed out in the vehicle; the vehicle had sustained recent heavy damage. Investigation revealed the driver to be intoxicated and uncooperative. When Deputies took her into custody she resisted arrest and assaulted a Deputy. A search warrant blood draw revealed a blood alcohol content of .19% two and a half hours after arrest. The female was arrested and lodged in the Lake County Jail. Investigation has yet to reveal what the driver struck with her vehicle.
• Wednesday, March 1 — Lake County Deputies responded to Hwy 140 East near mile post 40 regarding a motor vehicle crash. As a result of the investigation, an adult female was issued a criminal citation for DUII, and reckless endangering.
• Friday, March 3 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office contacted a female at the Eagles Nest Bar who was in violation of her release agreement. She was arrested and lodged in the Lake County Jail.
• Saturday, March 4 — Deputies observed three minors purchasing alcohol from a business. The investigation revealed that one minor purchased the alcohol from the business and was cited in lieu of custody for two counts of providing liquor to a minor and misrepresentation of age. Two male minors were issued citations for minor in possession of alcohol. The business was cited for selling alcohol to a minor. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney.
• Saturday, March 4 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a fight at Campbell Cove bowling alley. Investigation revealed an intoxicated adult male assaulted an adult female employee when she attempted to stop him from leaving with bowling alley property. The male was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct. When the male was lodged in the Lake County Jail, he destroyed Jail property. An additional criminal charge for destroying Jail property was filed.
• Monday, March 6 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to a theft report at Ace Hardware located at 318 North F St. in Lakeview. A female had taken two boxes of essential oils without paying on March 5. Law Enforcement identified the female suspect from surveillance video. The female was arrested on Theft III and Contempt of Court charges and lodged in Lake County Jail.
• Monday, March 6 — The Lake County Sheriff’s office responded to a report of criminal trespass. The reporting party had video from her security camera of a suspect going into her house. An investigation led to a suspect being arrested and lodged in the Lake County Jail for Burglary I and Theft III.
• Monday, March 6 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop at the intersection of north 4th and north H streets. During the course of the traffic stop it was revealed that the female driver was driving while suspended. The driver was issued a citation and the vehicle was impounded.
• Tuesday, March 7 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office conducted a welfare check on two minor females. A visit to the residence was conducted and the minors were found to be okay. The matter was cross reported to DHS.
• Tuesday, March 7 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of an unattended death at a residence in Paisley. Investigation revealed the death appeared to be of natural causes. Deputy Medical Examiner, Medical Examiner, District Attorney’s Office, and the Lake County Sheriff were notified of the incident.
• Wednesday, March 8 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to two vehicles stuck in the snow on Forest Service Road 28 approximately 17 miles from Highway 31. The driver of the first stuck vehicle had followed the GPS directions on his phone. The second vehicle attempted to recover the first vehicle. Three adults and one juvenile were transported to Christmas Valley. The vehicle owners told Deputies they would make their own arrangements to recover their vehicles.
• Wednesday, March 8 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into allegations of sex abuse involving an 11-year-old female victim. Allegations occurred in another police jurisdiction. Upon taking initial report, investigation is being forwarded to the agency of jurisdiction.
• Wednesday, March 8 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a restraining order violation. The investigation did not support the allegation.
• Friday, March 10 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office contacted an adult male on south 10th and south H streets who had an outstanding warrant for his arrest out of Lake County. Subject was taken into custody and lodged in the Lake County Jail.
• Saturday, February 11 — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Safeway parking lot in Lakeview for a report of an adult female attempting to sell Methadone to a minor. Investigation revealed the adult female approached three juvenile males in the parking lot and attempted to sell them Methadone pills. The female was arrested and lodged in the Lake County Jail.
Oregon State Police Report• Monday, February 27 — The driver of a Dodge pickup traveling southbound on Hwy 395 near mile post 62 suffered a medical event causing him to stop breathing. The wife of the driver was the passenger and was able to get the truck to the side of the road and stopped. Despite life-saving efforts, the driver succumbed to the event. OSP arrived on scene prior to medical, but nearly one hour after the driver passed away.
• Tuesday, February 28 — ODFW personnel at Summer Lake Wildlife Area found an iPhone that had been dropped in the parking lot in front of the office and turned it over to OSP. The phone was placed into the evidence locker at the Lakeview worksite.
• Tuesday, February 28 — OSP assisted the Lake County Sheriff’s Office with the drafting and service of a search warrant at a residence in Lakeview. Multiple suspects were arrested and lodged in jail. Lake County Community Corrections and DHS-Child Welfare assisted on scene.
• Wednesday, March 1 — An OSP trooper responded to a report of a vehicle versus cow collision at mile post 42 on Hwy 395. Investigation revealed that a vehicle was southbound in the dark at a stated speed of about 65 MPH. While southbound, it hit a black cow in the roadway at full speed. The cow was killed by the impact and the owner of the cow was identified as Robbie Leehmann. The driver was uninjured but his vehicle suffered heavy front end damage. The vehicle was towed from the scene by Hall Motor Company.
• Thursday, March, 2 — A vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation near the intersection of north H and north 8th streets in Lakeview. A DMV check of the driver revealed that he was driving while suspended. The report was forwarded to the Lake County Juvenile Department.
• Saturday, March 4 — OSP was contacted by Lake County Sheriff’s Office deputies regarding an incident involving an underage male who purchased alcohol from the Coyote Quickstop Liquor Store. OSP interviewed the employee responsible for the transaction. The employee was issued a violation citation for ORS 471.410 OLCC Licensee Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor — 1st Offense.
• Sunday, March 5 — Sometime in approximately the last month, an unknown person stole an OSP trail camera set up on a closed road in the Silver Lake — Fort Rock Travel Management Area. Evidence from the theft location was collected for analysis.
• Monday, March 6 — An abandoned cargo trailer was tagged for tow on March 6. On March 7, after 24 hours, the trailer was towed by Hall Towing. There was no registration plate on the trailer. The trailer was new and the VIN was checked through all 50 states and no registration was discovered.
• Tuesday, March 7 — A van was traveling southbound on Hwy 395 when the driver lost control due to the snow/ice on the roadway. The van rolled in the east ditch coming to final rest on the passenger side. Injuries were reported. ODOT assisted on scene. The van was towed by Hall Towing. Occupants were transported by ground ambulance to Lake District Hospital.
• Friday, March 10 — A black BMW sedan was abandoned in the eastbound travel lane of Hwy 140 west near mile post 91. The sedan was also interfering with ODOT snow removal and was causing a traffic hazard during a snow storm. The vehicle was towed as a hazard by Hall Towing.
• Saturday, March 11 — A vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation. The driver displayed indicators of impairment. The driver submitted to standardized field sobriety tests and was subsequently arrested for DUII. The driver was issued a criminal citation.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.